Saturday, July 18, 2009

Leonardo's II

2021 Us Hwy 1
Lawrenceville, NJ 08648
(609) 396-4466

We went to visit my grandmother, who took us out to eat. I remarked on the decor when we entered the restaurant; it was very nice and different too.
We weren't all that interested in wine, but I overheard that the serve bottles, but lots of other people were BYOBing it up. We also weren't all that interested in appetizers. The specials sounded wonderful, but again, something on the menu caught my fancy.

Our waiter was very accommodating--my grandmother can't hear so well, and he was happy to let her read the specials, apologizing for his handwriting. She also can't eat iceberg lettuce, and so he told us they have other mixed greens that could be substituted. He also was really on top of helping accommodate our toddler's needs of a special plate, keeping the hot food away, etc. It's all in the details.

As for entrees, we all had different things, and each of us enjoyed our meals. I had a chicken dish that was marinated in pesto, served over grilled vegetables, and dressed in a raspberry cream sauce. It was really stinking good; the chicken was so thin and so tender, and the presentation was just beautiful. BAJ also had a chicken dish... I don't remember details, but it was served with tomatoes and fried ravioli. He liked his more than he liked mine. My grandmother had veal marsala, and she seemed to have liked it. She did comment that they served it "the Italian way." I'm not sure what she meant by that, but it typically means she approves of something (as the child of Italian immigrants, it's definitely a compliment).

We all took home leftovers. Portion sizes are pretty large.

If I lived in this neighborhood, this would certainly be my standby Italian restaurant.


Leonardo's on Urbanspoon

No comments: