Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Harvest Moon

392 George St
New Brunswick, NJ 08901

I LOVE beer. And someplace that offers me beer that I can't necessarily get anywhere else earns really high marks. I've been to Harvest Moon before, and have generally been pleased with the beer and the ambiance, but disappointed in the food, feeling that there really weren't many options and that I was just settling.

Tonight, however, was quite the opposite. Since we had our toddler with us, as well as a friend with whom we wanted to chat, we asked to sit in the dining room instead of the downstairs bar. As far as ambiance, it was ok... our service was pretty good. We ordered a beer sampler, which gave us about a large shot of each beer offering. There wasn't one on there that any of the three of us was interested in having as a pint. I found one I would have ordered, but still felt as though I was settling.

The food, however, was REALLY good. Our friend got a burrito, and not only was it REALLY large, but she said it was wonderful. BAJ ordered a pizza, which he said was good, but it didn't seem to be enough for him. I got a chicken wrap, which was delicious and I brought home leftovers as well.

When we got home, BAJ said that he just doesn't like their beer, and I have to concur. If I were to hear they are bringing back Crazy Girl Golden, I might change my mind, but otherwise, I probably won't be going back to the Moon.


Harvest Moon Brewery on Urbanspoon

No comments: