Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Willie's Taverne

285 Us Hwy 202
Bedminster, NJ 07921
http://www.williestaverne.com

I was meeting with a friend for dinner and drinks, and we chose Willie's as a halfway point.  She'd been there before and liked it, and I'd heard of it and was curious to try it.  I got there awhile before she did, so hung out in a little bar area on the side of the actual restaurant (it's called Legends Sports Bar).  In that bar area, there were lots of tvs, and everyone seemed to know each other; I felt really weird and self conscious, but that's probably just me.

Anyway, my friend arrived and we sat down in the actual restaurant and I discovered there is ANOTHER bar area.  Our food was very good, and our server was excellent; we were there to chat and he was very respectful of that and I never felt pressured to clear the table.

It's been awhile, so I don't recall specifically what we ate, but the prices are reasonable.  You'll pay about the same you would if you went to your favorite American chain restaurant.

Check out Willie's!


Willie's Taverne on Urbanspoon

No comments: