Monday, March 7, 2011

Stuff Yer Face

49 Easton Ave
New Brunswick, NJ 08901
www.stuffyerface.com

How is it even possible that I've never posted about Stuff Yer Face?  Before we were married, we loved hanging out on the patio on warm spring/summer days, just people watching.  Our lives have changed, but we still love Stuff Yer Face.

First is the food.  Their bolis are great, and you can get pretty much anything you want on them.  You'd think a place like this wouldn't have veggies to lull you into thinking it's on the healthy side, but they do.  My favorite is the Laura Boli, with all kinds of veg.  I also like that you can get a boli in any size to fit your appetizer--the baby boli is very small (think kids' sized) but comes with soup or salad for the same price as a regular boli.  One thing we've tried that is really interesting is the Potachos--essentially, it's nachos using potato chips instead of tortillas.  It's pretty good, in a very weird sort of way.  On our most recent visit, we tried the Broccoli Melts appetizer, which was a pretty good substitute for the now defunct Bennigan's Broccoli Bites we loved so much.

We also love to go to SYF for the beer.  I love that I can try beers I never would have thought of, and we both joined their Beer Club, which (I think) gives you a SYF gift certificate after trying a certain (large) number of beers.  Sorry my details are fuzzy, we signed up on a day we added a large number to our cards.

Finally, this is the ultimate in kid friendly.  If you have a lot of kids, it's ok that you're loud.  The food served is definitely on the "something for everyone" side, and I know my kid likes when he can get exactly what he wants, so the build your own boli is great for him.  The only thing that isn't on the kid friendly side is that they don't (to my recollection) have changing tables, though it's sort of hard for a parent to expect to find one in a college bar, so don't hold that against SYF too much!!

Stuff Yer Face on Urbanspoon

No comments: