Saturday, June 4, 2011

25 Burgers

552 West Union Ave (Rte. 28)
Bound Brook, NJ 08805
www.25gourmetburgers.com

We were out and about and wanted to go to another local burger joint.  Due to a town wide event, navigating the streets to get there was nearly impossible, so we went looking for somewhere else.  Since 25 Burgers was on my mental list and in the area, that's where we headed.

When we walked in, I felt like this must've been what the food joints of my parents' youth in the 60s must have been like.  The walls are decked out with celebrities of that era--Marilyn, the Beatles, Elvis, Sophia Loren, Audrey Hepburn, among others--and you feel like the music is straight out of the jukebox; I was singing along with almost every song.

My son ordered a hot dog.  He enjoyed it.  It was pretty big, I guess.  It's hard to judge how good any food is when a 3 year old is involved.

My husband had a chicken burger; I can't recall which one.  He was a little disappointed that he couldn't get a chicken with any of the toppings that go along with the burgers, which I think is a valid point.  But, he also didn't ask if he COULD; he instead read and trusted what the menu said.

I had a Maui burger.

Photobucket

We all enjoyed our meals.  I had a hard time refraining from eating the whole thing, despite being absolutely stuffed (we also had fries with our meal) because it was so darn perfect.  I could go on and on about how good the roll was.  I couldn't, however, really speak to the burger itself; the toppings were so great, that I don't think I really paid attention to it, you know?  If you, like my mother, won't eat a burger that's not practically mooing, this may not be the place for you (at least, not the burger part of the menu, they have lots of other choices!) because they didn't even ask how I wanted my burger cooked.
Hubby raved about his, joking that he would be stopping every night on his way home from work.
So, yeah, we'll be back again.  And we'll see if we end up back at that OTHER burger place......

25 Burgers on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We will definitely have to try this. Thanks!