Monday, December 28, 2009

The Mean Fiddler

266 W 47th St
New York, NY 10036
themeanfiddlernyc.com

Today, we went into Manhattan with some friends. After wandering for awhile, we decided to go looking for some lunch. Our original plan was to find Pommes Frites, having heard there was a new location in or near Times Square. Alas, the internet might lie to you, and there might be no Pommes Frites location in or near Times Square. So, to 8th Ave we went in search of some inexpensive yet interesting food. I looked down streets for places that looked interesting, and we stumbled across The Mean Fiddler. They had pub food for most of their menu; burgers, chicken sandwiches, etc, but they also had a nice looking Irish food part of the menu too. Having spent a chilly morning wandering the big city, I decided a nice warm Irish stew sounded like the perfect lunch to me. I wasn't at all wrong. My dining companions loved that there were mashed potatoes on top of my stew. I loved that it was so tasty! A friend got the "mean burger," which is much like Burger King's Angry Burger, but he said it was much fresher and tastier. My other friend got the Dublin Chicken Burger, and remarked that it was REALLY good. Finally, my husbad got the Rachel, and thought it was pretty tasty!

For the four of us, our meal came to $60; not too shabby for a NYC lunch for four... especially considering we were all so full we just had a VERY light dinner.

Mean Fiddler on Urbanspoon

No comments: