Sunday, January 18, 2009

Veronica Diner

84 Veronica Ave
Somerset, NJ

I came across this diner while researching restaurants for our son's Christening party. We didn't choose them, but they stuck in my mind anyway. Today, I decided to try them out.
When we pulled up, I was a little...dubious about the choice. It was a snowy morning, so their lot was pretty empty, plus it was at the end of a strip mall. You know that this can go either way. We decided to go in anyway.
The place is pretty small. We had great service, and the food was really reasonable. They have an early bird special (I got 2 eggs, a short stack of pancakes, bacon, coffee, and a small juice for about $6), so our total bill for the two of us came to around $15.
The food was pretty typical diner breakfast. It was a little bit further than I'd probably drive with so many diners around our house, but it was decent food. The hubs wasn't so thrilled with his (buttermilk pancakes), but mine was good. We both commented, however, that the bacon was REALLY good.

Veronica Diner on Urbanspoon

No comments: