Saturday, April 9, 2011

Surf Taco

1300 Richmond Ave
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ
http://www.surftaco.com




Photobucket
Yummy Taco Goodness



Taking advantage of the gorgeous day, we took a ride to Point Pleasant today.  After walking the boards, we decided to try Surf Taco, a place I've wanted to try for a long time.

Looking at the menu, there were so many options, I had a tough time deciding, so went for combo #2, which was 2 tacos, rice, beans, chips, and a soda.  I chose the Teriyaki Taco and the Fish Taco (something I've been wanting to try for a long time, but was really wary about.  I figured it was their namesake, so I'd probably not get a better fish taco many places).  Aside from the tacos being so full they made a mess, both tacos were outrageously delicious.  My husband got the same burrito I had my eye on, the Jenk's.  He said it was good, and I couldn't even get a taste.  The Boy got a mini quesadilla, and he seemed to love it.

We were really happy with Surf Taco.  The three of us ate for about twenty bucks, and while we could have eaten for less, it probably wouldn't have been moderately good for us like the food we chose.  The food was delicious, the place felt cool:  good music, video of surfers doing cool tricks, etc.  Finally, it was counter service, yet we were asked both if everything was ok and if we were finished, at which point, she took out plates and garbage for us!   So despite having counter service, the service was excellent!

Whether my review would be the same if it was July 9 instead of April 9, I don't know, but it was wawesome today!

Surf Taco on Urbanspoon

No comments: