Sunday, April 20, 2008

Bagel Dish Cafe

327 Raritan Ave
Highland Park, NJ

I love going to this place. It started by me on a hunt for lunch one day. I was driving around, looking for something interesting to try, when I stumbled upon the Dish Cafe. It's interesting, though, because we at one time went to the Bagel Dish, their sister store, often. Anyway, we got takeout from there and were very happy. While I waited for our order, I was intrigued by their breakfast menu, and decided we had to go there sometime.

It's your basic diner, but there's something more homey about it than typical diner. Coffee is served in mugs from all over the place; they probably get them at yard sales, but it lends a nice atmosphere to the place.

They have great specials; I love to get the Belgian Waffle special, which comes with whipped cream and strawberries and only costs $5.95... that's only available on Saturday and Sunday. I also like to try their varied and interesting array of omelettes, which can also be made into a wrap.

BAJ is happy because he gets a decent lox and bagel there, and I'm happy because I can get my eggs, pancakes, waffles, french toast, coffee, bacon, etc etc etc craving satiated... until the next weekend, that is.

Bagel Dish Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: