Thursday, September 23, 2010

Carpaccio Ristorante

651 Bound Brook Rd
Middlesex, NJ 08846
 http://www.carpaccioristorante.com

When I was searching for a restaurant at which to hold my son's baptism party, I kept hearing wonderful things about Carpaccio's as a place for a small private party.  So, when we decided to go out for dinner tonight, that's where I chose to go. 

Somehow, my son caught wind of the word pizza, and that was all he could talk about.  We told him that it's an Italian restaurant so they *might* have pizza, but that they might not too. 

So, they didn't have pizza.  They didn't have a kids menu at all.  Nevertheless, we were able to convince him to order ravioli, and they did give him a smaller portion.  Ok, they were flexible with our needs; they also had two high chairs (one that was probably from the time I was an infant) that made feeding our infant much easier.    There's also no changing table, though they were great about offering me alternatives.

So, maybe I was a little stressed about the lack of family friendliness, but I wasn't really impressed by Carpaccio.  The food was decent.  I had Chicken Scarpariello, which had a great sauce and the chicken was VERY tender and cooked so well but the kind of sausage they chose was definitely weird (I wasn't sure if it was breakfast sausage or not), and BAJ had Chicken Valdostano, which he thought was pretty good too!  We split a hot antipasto--not a clam liker, they made them taste delicious.  


But, there really wasn't anything that would bring me back.  Something I can't really put my finger on... even if we didn't have the kidlets, I don't think I'd want to go back.


Ah well, to keep looking!

Carpaccio on Urbanspoon

No comments: