Sunday, December 28, 2008

Rattlesnake Ranch Cafe

559 E Main St
Denville, NJ 07834

We originally had plans to go to Chevy's in Denville, meeting friends who live in the area. Some of our party couldn't make it, so they suggested we instead go to the Rattlesnake Cafe. They said the menu was larger and the food better than Chevy's. They sure were right. The food was so much different than one would find in a chain Mexican restaurant. My husband had Crawfish gumbo to start; it was really good, but he said it got much too hot as he got further into the cup. He's not really one for spicy food... our friends told us that many of the online reviews complain of too much spice in the food here, so if you don't like spice, make sure to let your server know! As our entrees, he had Chipotle Pork and Mushroom Enchiladas, and liked them very much. I had the
Red River Relleno Combo. I was skeptical and a little afraid it would be too hot, but it was really really good! They were HUGE, which was surprising. I don't have a really large stomach, but ate about half my dinner. I figured they wouldn't reheat so well, and didn't take them home but I sure wish they would have! I heard that they have Fried Ice Cream, which I love, and I was sort of sad I had stuffed myself so much that I didn't have room!

Rattlesnake Ranch Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments: